Homework is a time for the adults at home to share in an interested, positive, way with their child’s learning.
- Each classroom teacher will have a slightly different approach to the class homework routine.
- Senior and Junior children should read every night as part of their homework routine - this may be a Duffy book, a reader, a poem, a public library book or any other reading material.
- It is OK to read a book with or to the Junior children.
- Reading should be a happy sharing time…an adult with a child
- If the book your child has is too hard, suggest to them that you read it to them and they can join in.
- If readers are sent home please ensure that they are sent back to school the next day.
- Older children may also have spelling words and addition and times tables to learn. They may also have other homework set by the teacher.
- Remember that sharing household tasks with your children are a vital part of their learning also. Having them help with cooking, setting the table, shopping and household chores together with you helps their short and long term development.