Special Needs and Special Abilities Groups
- The school caters for students in these categories with special literacy groups working with teacher aides and teachers and also in other curriculum areas using staff with expertise.
- Some five year old students will work in a small early literacy and/or oral language group.
- Some six year old students will work in the reading recovery programme.
- Students with English as a second language may work in a small group with a teacher or teacher aide.
- Special needs students are catered for by experienced special needs teachers and therapists and are mainstreamed throughout the day.